The tree is a natural resource that gives us many useful things for life. Their presence not only contributes to the beauty of the world but also brings life to the organism. I am a nature lover, the feeling of being immersed with them, hearing the sound of the wind through the foliage, the song from the birds perched on the branches, the sound of fallen leaves when leaving the branch and the sound of rustling when someone swept the leaves away, they made my soul relax, purified, making my life full of energy. Because of that, it always makes me like and loves all the things made of wood. In my heart, I always cherished myself with a desire to live in a house made entirely of wood. So today I will introduce some of my favorite wood houses.
Interesting things from wood
It will be exciting things if you don’t know these things yet.
I. One of the things I like most about wood is the variety of materials, colors, scents, sizes, and properties of them. There are billions of plants in the world, and part of them are plants capable of making wooden furniture as well as building houses.
– There are beautiful grain marks, easy to dye, easy to decorate the surface.
– Isolated from temperature and electricity, good moisture prevention, small thermal expansion.
– It’s soft so you can use machines, tools like the best hand saw, etc. to saw, shave, drill, split with high speed in them but still with good strength.
– Easy to connect with nails, tenons, glue.
– Finally, it is durable with a long time
However, besides that, they also have disadvantage points, but with advanced technology and human intelligence, the disadvantages of wood are best overcome.
II. You must have heard about feng shui furniture or feng shui wood bracelets. So this brings the second exciting thing about the wood. Wood developed from nature in thousands of years ago, no one knew why wood appeared, where did it come from, we only know that it has been on Earth since humans existed. Besides What humans see inside the tree apart from the advantages that are said, people also know that they have souls, this soul has existed for tens of thousands of years, it absorbs the essence of heaven and earth to live, it carries endless and powerful energy. Therefore, we consider wood as a raw material to make feng shui objects. A wooden feng shui bracelet will bring a new beginning with lots of luck and fortune. Also other sacred objects such as altars, or holy places like temples and pagodas, you will see everywhere carrying the breath of wood.
Another interesting story I know about the tree is that the tree is a shelter for the abandoned souls; the souls of humans who have not been liberated. That is why many people said they saw white shadows at the banyan tree in the night.
My favorite wooden houses
To create and build a wooden house is not simple; the first thing when building a wooden house is the material. For this material, it needs to be well preserved, avoiding the harsh environment, not allowing the wood to be flooded regularly, removing all the outer skin of trees to minimize termites. Typically, softwood will be used for household appliances; hardwood is used to make bearing places such as stairs, floors, pillars, etc. If you do not have a deep understanding of wood materials, you need advice from experts to make the best choice for your house. Besides, my favorite house also includes decorative items made of wood. For me, self-made wooden things like the picture frame will bring more satisfaction, with only the best hammer and a few nails that I can create a family photo frame for my house.
1. A one-story house combined with glass doors will create an elegant and modern look. To add a cool and relaxing part, it will be a small swimming pool combined with a wooden floor for avoiding slippery when playing or running, it will keep children safe when outdoor entertainment activities. Around the house is decorated flowers and plants.
2. Wooden houses combined with large sized stones will create an ancient feel and are a bit rude. However, if such a house is built in high places, it will be more wonderful and suitable for the scenery. Those with strong personalities will keen on this kind of house.
The advantage for houses built with stone is solidity, the tolerance of these walls is extremely good during the rainy season, or during the storms, they block strong winds and heavy rains. In the dry season, these stone walls have the ability to help lower your home temperature and avoid the summer heat.
3. Just like the house above, this European-styled house is a combination of uniquely designed wood and white stone walls with large, airy windows and doors. Also on the dome of the house, there are sky-well windows that allow natural light to easily enter the house. At night, the whole house is covered in a shimmering sparkling light that makes it look romantic and outstanding.
4. A prevalent wooden house architecture in Vietnam, if you go to the countryside of Vietnam, you will see this type of house, which I also like. It is not as luxurious and modern as the above architectural styles, but the classic style with the most Asian tradition that I have ever seen.
The impression for me about this kind of house is that the roof, with a dome made of red bricks, combined with a wooden frame, it not only helps the roof that is not waterlogged and the house is cool but also create delicate and elegant. Moreover, these houses also create accents with carved letters or shapes made of wood chisels that are incredibly sophisticated and eye-catching.
A wooden house, brings close and familiar with the highlight is the natural landscape, the garden has rivers and streams, swimming pools, orchards, flowers, and plants, creating a comfortable living space, harmony with nature, always being a nice place of each person during the weekend. Because the house is not simply a place to go back, is a place to regain strength after long days of hard work but also create spaces for family members to feel close, share, having love and reunion.